Family Law Attorney in Sonoma County, CA
At the Family Law Offices of Carol A. Gorenberg, our entire legal team is compassionate and strives to help every client successfully resolve their family law problems. We understand that divorce and other family law-related matters can impact many aspects of a person’s life, which is why we are dedicated to helping our clients in any way possible. If clients need a referral, we can refer them to the best professionals who can help our clients get through their divorce as best they can. Our Santa Rosa family law attorney takes the time to properly educate every client so they have various resolution options. Regardless of what family law issue you are facing, we can represent a client in court or assist them during the mediation process.
We offer the following family law services:
- Divorce/Property Division: If you are considering or are currently involved in divorce, you have the right to hire an experienced family lawyer to assist you. Our firm can help clients with every aspect of their divorce, including equitable division of assets and debts. While dividing property without an attorney’s help can be challenging, we can help ensure jointly-owned properties, including real estate, retirement assets, and debts, will be divided fairly.
- Unmarried Parenting / Prenatal Counseling: Did you and your child’s parent never marry? Do you have questions relating to your rights as a parent? Our family law attorney has worked extensively with both mothers and fathers in non-marital families and helped them to determine their rights, as well as improve their relationships with their child and their child’s other parent.
- Child Custody & Visitation: We understand the challenges parents face when they are no longersharing a home. Our firm can help parents determine custody and visitation rights through mediation, collaborative law, or litigation.
- Child & Spousal Support: Child support is a court ordered payment that must be paid to ensure that both parents share in the financial responsibilities of raising their children. Spousal support (alimony) is paid by one spouse to the other spouse after the break-up of a marriage when their incomes and needs are different. Our firm can help parties meet their financial obligation or advocate for the other parties’ compliance. If you are new or returning to the work force you may need extra time to get back on your feet and find a suitable job, as well. We will advocate for your right to become more self-reliant at a pace that meets your personal goals.
- Adoption/Guardianship: Considering adopting a spouse’s child? We help stepparents and second parents adopt a spouse or partner’s child, as well as assist with intercountry re-adoptions. If you are in the process of becoming a child’s legal guardian, we can help you understand your rights and obligations to the court and to the child’s parents. determine what you are held legally responsible for, as well as answer any questions regarding caring for the child.
Family Law Assistance Throughout Santa Rosa & Surrounding Areas
Protecting our clients’ and their children’s rights is our number one priority. Our office is conveniently located a few blocks from the Sonoma County Family Law courthouse, so we can quickly respond to your needs. You won’t be paying your attorney for travel time to the courthouse, but for real legal assistance Please contact our firm at (707) 523-1810 or fill out a case inquiry questionnaire on our website.